The Vintage Computer Festival is proud to premier the first public full-length screenings of Jason Scott's BBS: The Documentary.
The documentary is currently arrranged as 7 individual episodes, which will be screened in their entirety across both days of VCF 7.0. The episodes are (titles and screening order tentative):
- "Baud" - The beginnings of online bulletin board systems
- "Fidonet" - A history of Fidonet
- "Make It Pay" - Commercialization of the BBS
- "HPVAC" - The underground aspects (hacking, pirating, etc.) of the BBS scene
- "Artscene" - The ANSI art scene
- "No Carrier" - The introduction of the Internet and its affect on the BBS community
- "Sysops and Users" - General stories and history of the BBS world
Audience members will have an opportunity to present Mr. Scott with feedback after each screening which will be used to determine the final direction and final cuts of the documentary series.
Mr. Scott will also be presenting a talk about the making of the documentary series before the screening of the films.
All VCF attendees will be invited to attend the screening.
More information on BBS: The Documentary can be found at www.bbsdocumentary.com.