Vintage Computer Festival - Press
To request more information about the VCF, or if you would like to schedule an interview with VCF Founder Sellam Ismail, please send e-mail to email@example.com.
Sellam has appeared as a guest or expert on many shows including G4TechTV's "The Screen Savers", two episodes of HGTV's "Hey Remember!" series, and the Game Show Network's "Video Game Invasion". He has also contributed time and talents to A&E's "Biography", The Learning Channel's "Hackers: Computer Outlaws", and programs produced by the BBC, National Geographic, and NPR.
To inquire about booking Sellam for a show or interview, please send e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you would like to cover the next VCF event, please e-mail your name, address and credentials to email@example.com.
Archived Press Coverage
- A Peek Back at the History of Computing (CNet News.com, November 3, 2007)
- Meet the Time Lord of Technology (The Guardian, October 11, 2007)
- Older the Computer, the Better (Journal & Courier, July 12, 2007)
- There's History and Money in Obsolete Computers (Reuters, April 11, 2007)
- Computing the Past (East Bay Business Times, November 3, 2006)
- Software Preservation at the Computer History Museum (Data & Analysis Center for Software, October 2005)
- Geek Chic: Old Computers As Collectibles (The Washington Post, June 28, 2005)
- Talk About Legacy Machines... (Network World, January 5, 2004)
- Take a Walk Down Memory Chip Lane (The Daily Telegraph, October 20, 2003)
- Box Populi (Los Angeles Times Magazine, March 9, 2003)
- Vintage Computer Fest Honors Has-been Heroes (Silicon Valley Business Ink, November 1, 2002)
- Computer Trash Is His Treasure (Wired News, October 23, 2002)
- Modern Geeks Show Off Ancient PCs (Wired News, July 31, 2002)
- Be There For Geeks Bearing Gizmos (Guardian, April 6, 2002)
- Vintage Computers (National Public Radio Weekend Edition, October 8, 2000)
- Vintage Computers -- The New Hot Collectible (Golden Gate Press, October 2, 2000)
- Festival Showcases Vintage Computers (San Jose Mercury News, October 1, 2000)
- Men Loving Toys Loving Men (Shift Magazine, January 2000)
- Ghosts in the Machine (San Jose Mercury News, September 30, 1999)
- Computer Devotee Plans Research Center (Business Times, January 1, 1999)
- Ghosts of Fry's Past (Tech Week, November 30, 1998)
- Not Just Any Old Iron (The Guardian, October 1, 1998)
- Learning From the Past (Hot Wired, September 25, 1998)
- Dead Programmers Society (SF Weekly, September 1998)
- GeezerWare (Dr. Dobbs Journal, February 1998)
- A Walk Down Nerdy Lane (San Jose Mercury News, October 23, 1997)
Would you like to be notified of VCF events and activities? Sign up for our mailing list!
Copyright © 1997-2014 Vintage Computer Festival
Vintage Computer Festival, VCF and the VCF logo are trademarks of VintageTech